Friday, March 30, 2012

Lock the doors. And hope they don't have blasters

Since Spike has hijacked my evening by showing Star Wars again, I'll kick off a series of top ten lists by running down my favorite 10 quotes from the movie. I was trying to do this on topten.com, but the site is dreadful - that's a post for another day.

It would obviously be impossible to narrow down the 10 best, so instead I'm looking for the quotes I use most often in daily life. This will necessarily consist almost entirely of Obi-Wan quotes, as I would happily listen to Alec Guinness read the phone book.

In no real order:
  1. In my experience there's no such thing as luck.
  2. You must do what you feel is right, of course.
  3. I grow tired of asking this so it will be the last time.
  4. What good is a reward if you ain't around to use it?
  5. I don't know what all this trouble is about, but I'm sure it must be your fault.
  6. Well that's the real trick, isn't it?
  7. Who's the more foolish? The fool, or the fool who follows him?
  8. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine.
  9. This will be a day long remembered.
  10. It's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense.
  11. I don't know, I can imagine quite a bit.
  12. Here's where the fun begins.
  13. C'mon kid, we're not out of this yet.
  14. You must learn the ways of the force, if you're to come with me to Alderaan.
  15. That's no moon. It's a space station.
  16. But I was going into Tosche Station to pick up some power converters!
  17. Let the Wookiee win.
  18. Utini!
Eh, top 18. Not too bad...

No comments:

Post a Comment