Thursday, March 22, 2012

Sláinte


With this blog, I'm going to try to limit my focus to my areas of interest: music, movies, software.

With music and movies, it'll probably just boil down to my opinion of what's great and what isn't; nothing you aren't stuck listening to if you personally know me.

With software and platforms, though, I really want to look at all this stuff that makes our lives more fun and more frustrating and point out how it could be improved by following my simple and pompous design principle:
Sláinte, which I'm appropriating to stand for "so long as it's now totally effortless". Kinda clunky, but it really should all come down to that - everything we choose to add to the increasingly jumbled flea markets that we call our lives should ultimately achieve the same goal: make my life easier.

So every product, platform, service or experience really should meet this criteria. I think that most of the time, my life and others are best served by me being understanding and flexible. But I have become gradually aware that there are times in my life where I think it's my job to NOT be understanding and that the best attitude is a dismissive "so long as it's no trouble".

No comments:

Post a Comment